We’re Loving Liesl Laurie

11:12 0 Comments

We’re Loving Liesl Laurie




29 March 2015 - Dressed in white, like the elegant, confident and determined beauty goddess she is, Ms. Liesl Laurie stands with four of her competitors at the Sun City Super Bowl as the host announces the second and first Ms. South Africa 2015 Princesses. Her name isn’t called, but deep inside she knows who will be crowned the winner...
Speaking to City Press the morning after her crowning, the humble 24 year old Ms. Liesl Laurie, Ms. South Africa 2015, from Eldorado Park in Johannesburg said: “I dreamed and I prayed about winning the crown. I’ve always believed that whatever is for me, would be for me.”
Ms. Laurie is a B.Com graduate from the University of Johannesburg. After graduating she decided to pursue a full-time career in modelling, as well as giving back to her community.  
"I have been working with a number of non-profit organisations that include Babies Behind Bars and Pilgrim Oasis Community Children’s Outreach in Eldorado Park and adjacent informal settlement in Kliptown." says Liesl.
Besides her giving, charitable personality, Soviet also loves her for her gracious, self-loving fashion sense: “I have learned over the years that image is about the person’s level of care for themselves; if you look good, you appear to be someone that cares about their wellbeing. This could also be good in boosting your confidence. It is important to know who you are, know how to take care of yourself and to acquire the right information, and be knowledgeable about your surroundings,” says the beauty.
However, following in the steps of her Pageant mentor, Tatum Keshwar (Ms. South Africa 2008), Liesl believes in staying true to herself and reaching the goals she sets for herself.

“The greatest achievement for me would be to touch someone's life, even if it's one person that I can inspire to not give up on their dreams. I want to be a light that brightens someone's life. I want every person to see a little bit of themselves in me, and remember that if a girl from Eldorado Park had the courage to follow her dreams, they can achieve theirs too.” 

0 comments: